Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blog created! First peek at HoE.

I decided it was finally time to create a blog to keep a track of what I'm doing with the toolset. And in case someone doesn't know, I'm talking about Neverwinter Nights 2's Toolset, Aurora 2 or something. I've been a big fan of NWN franchise ever since the original NWN. I have never released a single mod, but I'm about to correct that soon.

Learning to use the toolset has been quite a challenge, but it has been rewarding too. Can't say the same about scriptint, it's still pretty much hieroglyphs to me. Sure, I know how to make some basic scripts, but I'm still a big fan of Lilac Soul's Script Generator for the original NWN (will refer to it as LSSG from now on). Also the texturizing and implementing something new hasn't been easy as I'm completely new to any kind of modding.

I could bore you all day and night with talking about myself and my struggles, but I think it's time to tell you guys what I'm working on. I'm working on a single player focused module, called Hearts of Endia. It's set into a different realm than NWN (or any other game/book for that matter), but I've taken ideas and inspiration from here and there - as I'm sure many of you will notice as you play through my mod once it's finished. I even thought about adding a character for a small part from the book series The Death Gate Cycle. Read the books!

At the moment, the module consists of 10 exteriors and 13 interiors, all 100% my design. I'm still uncertain whether or not I should add a few more areas. I think I will save those for my next project so that I'll finish this one some day. I'm hoping I will get alpha or beta version out by the end of February. But no promises, I cannot predict what future might bring. I might not have enough time to write/polish/script.

Here's a few screenshots just to show what to expect. Also expext a better quality in-game since these are TS screens. More polish to come before release too (:




Next time I will be covering some of the lore and story. Also, if there's a scripting wiz reading this, feel free to e-mail me, as I'm in dire need of experienced scripting help. Any help will speed up the release of this mod and I will give credit to those who deserve it (: So far I've only used Cleitanous' Prefabs here and there, no other custom content.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog, and also your progress to date. Screens show great promise - I am looking forward to playing your mod. Having "been there" myself (releasing 1st mod) just a short while ago, I know both the challenge and the reward involved.

    D. Graf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment <: I'm pleased to see that there actually might be players to play my mod. Otherwise it would've been pretty pointless to make one.

    ReplyDelete