Saturday, January 17, 2009

Away from home, bored and with too many ideas.

I said I wouldn't update before Monday, but... I'm bored at the moment since I'm staying at my GF's place and got nothing to do while she's getting ready. I've spent a lot of time thinking about the mod. Bad thing is that I've come up with so many ideas that'll propably have to wait 'till another project. And I still have holes and gaps in the story of my current mod, I'm seriously in trouble with one major part of the story.

It will occur very early in the mod and will give the motive for the protagonist and the reason for a Magica to give him a mission he wouldn't trust just anybody with. The player will need to use wit, logic and examine things carefully. Yes, a crime has happened, and your character will indeed want to solve it. Normally it would be a matter only for the House of Fire, but luckily you'll have someone to speak you in the investigations.

The details of the crime are still in the works and are giving me the worst headaches at the moment. The motive? Committer(s)? When? How?

Holy...I just came up with an idea about the crime that would greatly add to the overall story. But that scenario wouldn't be enough for the Magica to trust the protagonist. So I'm back where I left again. Time to read some crime novels...

No comments:

Post a Comment