Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bug squashing

I did a little beta testing of my own and found a huge amount of bugs and things that didn't exactly go as I had planned in the scripts, oops. I've spent the last few days squashing these bugs, fixing conversations, adding block scripts to areas and just making sure the mod works fine overall.

Yesterday was actually the first time I tested the mod as a campaign. Good news is that it worked fine, I could transition between the two mod files. Bad news is that indeed I found a lot of bugs. But I think I solved the few major ones already. Just some stupid small mistakes that could break the whole game/experience. Especially the ga_move action in the conversations is giving me a headache... Sometimes the PC moves when I use it on the PC node, sometimes the PC just stands still. I don't see the logic.

Also I've come to the conclusion that I've tried to do too much in the mod. I mean I've got murder mystery, hack 'n' slash, side quests, three companions etc. On my next project I will try to consentrate on one area and maybe spice the things up with hints from some other elements. Still, I think the community might enjoy the mod - except the ones that don't like slow starts, as the murder mystery kinda takes a while to solve... Maybe. Depends if you want to solve it right, or just blame whoever you want. In any case, some evidence must be gathered before you can accuse anyone.

Well, I should be leaving to work now. Enjoy this screenie while I'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment