Thursday, January 21, 2010

Uhh, I'm a lazy writer.

My last update was about the shipwreck shore? Really? Gee, I'm sorry for neglegting the blog! I will fix this injustice, I promise. More frequent updates ahoy!

I wish I could say I've been busy working with the mod during my absence, but... I've spent my holidays studying new languages and trying to finish Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins and The Longest Journey. All three are great games by the way, I suggest you all play them! Working and studying has really been draining my inspiration, but luckily two new nice & positive comments on Hearts of Endia gave me new courage.

I've created new areas for a new set of quests and it feels like a lot of work since a player will choose only one of the three quests. Of course all three can be experienced with multiple playthroughs. Still, the quests are pretty simple, one is a straightforward hack 'n' slash quest, second one is one where you need to talk a lot and think your way through, and in the last quest you need to search every nook and cranny to find clues to solve a mystery.

For every quest the PC will be accompanied by a different henchman that will be keeping an eye on the PC and their performance. However, as long as you complete the quest, you will pass the test and join a faction. However, performing well will give you some influence over the henchman and maybe the faction leader. I won't be releasing any screenshots about these quests so they will remain a surprise until the launch of the mod. :)

I will add some screenshots on my next post though. I'll add the few first monster hunts into the mod - an optional way to gain more experience and nice rewards. Oh, and I haven't showed you any overland encounter areas, expect those as well.

I hope I have resurrected your interests again!

2 comments:

  1. Good! :D I haven't driven away all the people with my inactivity. I will not disappoint you!

    ReplyDelete