Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Still working on the overland map

The overland map is taking more time than I thought it would...on the other hand I haven't had much time to work on it. At least I'm starting to develop some kind of routines now that I'm getting used to school again. Which means I should start having more time for modding - I'm also thinking of quitting my stressful part-time job to have more time for this and rest of my life! (:

Anyways, here's what's happened since the last picture upload. I've pretty much finished the texturing on the map, but I still need to make finishing touches once all the placeables are in place. Also, 90% of the map is grassed and shaded. As you can see, there are plenty of forests, jungle and mountains to explore! I'm getting restless while working on the overland map when I have so many good areas waiting to be created on the map (such as Witch's hut and Aboriginals' camp). Both will be "optional" areas that won't be directly integrated into the main quest actually.

Look forward to the finished overland map at the end of this week or in the beginning of the next one! But hey, here's a new picture - you didn't read any of that anyways, so just marvel at it.

3 comments:

  1. I consider NWN 2 modding my stressful part-time job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, well said. <: It's true that it does sometimes feel like another part-time job. Especially now when I'm planting hundreds of miniature evergreen trees on the overland map.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I spent like 10 hours on mine before I shelved it for good.

    6 of those were devoted to making the stupid ocean.

    ReplyDelete